- The Appraisal Foundation - provides information on Appraisal Standards and Appraisal Qualifications. USPAP Standards
- The Appraisal Subcommittee of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council - provides information about the federal oversight system regarding licensed or certified real estate appraisers.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Develoment - page contains information on FHA appraisers and appraisals.
- Association of Appraiser Regulatory Officials (AARO) - . . . is an organization of real estate appraiser regulators. Members consist of States, Commonwealths, and Territories of the US.
- Department of Real Estate - Mission: To safeguard and promote the public interests in real estate matters through licensure, regulation, education and enforcement.
- Department of Housing and Community Development - Mission: To provide leadership, policies and programs to expand and preserve safe and affordable housing opportunities and promote strong communities for all Californians.
- California Housing Finance Agency - Mission: To finance below-market rate loans to create safe, decent, and affordable rental housing and to assist first-time homebuyers in achieving the dream of homeownership.
- Department of Business Oversight - Mission: To regulate state-licensed financial institutions, products and professionals in order to provide accessibility to a fair and secure financial services marketplace.