How Do I...
- The Winter 2019 (pdf) or (plain text version) newsletter has been revised. The section that has been revised is on page 6 under the paragraph beginning with “In brief, USPAP…” Additionally, information regarding the 2020 Census was inserted on page 8.
- Strategic Plan (pdf)(plain text version)
- Scam Alert (pdf)
- Licensing fee increases for 2020 (pdf) For licensing fees paid up to December 31, 2019, click here(pdf) For licensing fees paid after December 31, 2019, click here(pdf)
- Updates to upgrade requirements, effective January 1st, 2020(pdf)
- Changes to AMC fees, effective January 1st, 2020(pdf)
- Changes to Education fees, effective January 1st, 2020(pdf)
- The California Appraiser (ADA version), BREA's newsletter for Winter of 2019, is now available.
- Trainees Take Note: Message from the Bureau Chief
Timely License Renewal
The Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers sends license renewal notifications to all licensees six months prior to expiration, requesting submittal of renewal applications ninety days prior to license expiration. Should a licensee delay submittal of the renewal application, they may be deleted from BREA's website as an "Active" appraiser, and shown on the Appraisal Subcommittee's National Registry as "Inactive" until such time as the renewal license is issued. Although we make every effort to process renewal applications prior to expiration of the previous license, it is imperative that we receive renewal applications in a timely manner. In order to maintain an "active" listing of your appraisal license, please do not wait until the last week or month to submit a renewal request.
- 2019 Sunset Report
- Frequently Asked Questions
- BREA Licensing Handbook
- Appraisers: If anyone has pressured you to "hit a value" in an appraisal assignment, please go to the California Real Estate & Financial Services License Status Check to determine the appropriate jurisdictional authority to report violations of California Civil Code Section 1090.5
- BREA Licensing Stats
- Customer Feedback
- Search for an AMC
- Multiple Department License Lookup
- State Holidays